||UNDERGRADUATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Cardinal Scholars is an in-home and online tutoring service that gives exceptional tutors the chance to be matched with local students in need of additional academic support. We connect tutors with students seeking help with college, high school, middle school and elementary material. We're seeking tutors who meet the following criteria:
Are fantastic teachers and have experience teaching others.
Are academically curious and intelligent.
Attend or have graduated from Carnegie Mellon University as either an undergraduate, graduate, or professional student.
The benefits of becoming a tutor with us include:
Freedom to set your own schedule (no set hourly requirement; we expect you to be taking classes yourself!).
Competitive compensation starting at $20/hr.
Get to know great families from the community who will really appreciate your help.
We connect tutors with students in over 90 cities in the U.S.
and online for sessions so it's okay if you aren't currently living in the
Coming on board as a tutor is not a guarantee of immediate tutoring work, but offers the opportunity to be considered
for an assignment if we receive a tutoring request in your area for in person tutoring and/or around the country for online tutoring.
Interested? Please go here to apply:
To learn more about our company, visit:
Lab Associate in Robotics/Haptics Engineering
Potential hire should have background in mechanical engineering, robotics, and have:
- knowledge of different actuator technologies and machine elements, such as cams, gyroscopes, pulleys, cranks etc.
- clear understanding of dynamic/kinematic modeling and controls systems.
- ability to rapid prototype parts using CNC/3D printer and other tools.
- programming capability in C/python/Matlab/java .
- Ability to operate Solidworks.
- mechatronics, embedded systems and system integration.
- background on actuators beyond dc-motors, voice coils will be a plus.
Masters and PhD students are preferred, but applicants with interesting background experience are encouraged to apply. The applicant should have the ability to show/present their work/projects and ability to communicate well in a semi-formal office environment.
Please submit the CV and a brief statement to direct reader's attention to relevant projects/research. To apply for the position, go to http://www.disneyresearch.com/careers/. Subject line: "DRP Lab Associates Robotics/Haptics Engineering 2015"
Lab Associate in Game Design
Potential hire will be part of a dynamic team to create multisensory experiences for ongoing projects.
- Programming skills; specifically having successful experience with system integration using leap motion, kinect, Oculus Rift, alike platforms. Ability to write communication protocols and generate interfaces for demos/presentations.
- Strong grasp in game development studios (such as Unity3D), familiarity and experience with open source libraries and API (e.g., OpenGL, OpenFrameworks), and ability to construct and debug computer programs.
- Applicants must have good communication skills, follows and draws out ideas, and work with a team of different backgrounds.
- background in immersive environment, virtual reality systems.
- mechatronics and microcontroller programming.
Potential candidates should have the ability to show their prior work and explain their contributions.
Please submit the CV and a brief statement to direct reader's attention to relevant projects/research. To apply for the position, go to http://www.disneyresearch.com/careers/. In the subject line, please use the title of the posting "DRP Lab Associate Game Design 2015".
Criteria: We will continue to collect resumes until April 10 but the interview process can start immediately.
Disney Research is a research unit of The Walt Disney Company, including its subsidiaries and affiliates. It was launched in 2008 as an informal network of research labs that collaborates closely with academic institutions, thereby combining the best of academia and industry. We work on a broad range of commercially important challenges, view publication as a principal mechanism for quality control, encourage engagement with the global research community, and our research has applications that are experienced by millions of people. Disney Research honors Walt Disney's legacy of innovation by exploring novel technologies and deploying them on a global scale.
TartanTRAK Online Job and Internship Fair
Click HERE for more information
CMU Listings are posted through the University's
HUMAN RESOURCES WEBSITE-
A career site focused exclusively on mental health professionals. Includes career
advice and job opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate degree students in
most areas of study, including: clinical psychology, developmental psychology,
cognitive psychology, social psychology and more.
Lab Manager and Post-Doc Positions; Research Assistant Positions;
Paid Summer Internships; Research Specialist positions--
Click here for more information
National Institute of Mental Health
Click here for more information
OR Contact Kendra Hinton